Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Sunday lunch of some favorites

This Sunday, on the occasion of another successful news in our business, we had a special lunch with a simple menu of low-fat dishes of all our three family members’ favorites.

The first dish was my son’s usual favorite fried chicken eggs - but today made in a different way of soft frying with pork, mushrooms, Jew’s ear fungus, onions for a slight changing taste for him.






The second course is both my darling Thang and myself’s favorite healthy fried soya curd. Today I also made it in a special way which I had just read from a Vietnamese cuisine website.

- In short, soya curd was first well mixed with onions and sweet chilli slices, then shaped into cakes.

- Then these cakes were fried once. Next soaked with a mixture of soya sauce, chicken eggs, green onions and pepper.

- After that, the cakes were fried quickly on the pan once again to be completed.









This dish could be fully delicious only when enjoyed with a carefully prepared soya sauce with green onions, chilli and pepper.

All three of us need vegetables, we know this better and better. That’s why today we chose to make a salad with ingredients mainly cucumber, tomato, some other herbs, onions, added fish sauce, vinegar, a little sugar, seasoning powder.





Finally, we all had rice together with warm Green Chinese Cabbage Soup with Shrimps.









Today, for dessert, we also had a special type of fruit, that is sapodilla plums which my mother-in-law offered us from her garden beside her house in Gia Lam - the suburb of Hanoi city.








As usual, good appetite for Sunday and the whole new week !

2 comments:

  1. Yum! You've just made me SO hungry! Thanks for your awesome posts! I don't comment enough, but I'm reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks very much for your encouragement. I'll try to write more interesting posts. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year !!!

    ReplyDelete