Saturday, March 20, 2010

My ordinary close friends everyday !

Today is Friday already. I have been so busy this week with my son having made good preparation for his exam of Vietnamese which he must be going to start by 1.30 this afternoon. I am wishing all the best luck for him to do it smoothly. And also this afternoon, I can be reassured to return to my own work of writing new posts.

After a simple lunch with my usual favorite instant noodle branded Omachi, this afternoon, I was sitting for a while at the window, with a cup of tea, listening to light music, my mind feeling at ease. Suddenly, a thought came to me: I had written more than 10 articles on various dishes but seemed to pay attention only to special delicacies. What about those ordinary food items which I've been familiar with everyday, especially for my lunch ? I would be so unfair if I did not mention them as memorable close friends of my daily life now. Yes, first of all now, I am speaking of instant noodles.

Instant noodles have been familiar to each and all the members of my family for quite a long time. We have liked this product line for its time-saving and convenient advantages. Especially when the weather is rainy or cold and we cannot go out easily, or when there is no power, then instant noodles naturally become our strong support in getting our meals ready quickly and with a taste good enough.

Moreover, for my little Tuan, nothing is more tasty than instant noodles. Particularly, since recently, he has become best fond of the one branded Cung Dinh (Royal Palace in meaning) with its sour and chilly beef-soup flavor. Almost every Saturday noon, when at home, he usually prepares his lunch by himself with this instant noodle.


And about half an hour later, if I agree, he also prepares another bowl of noodle for his Mum but with another product named Omachi with a lighter flavor finely called "chops well-cooked with vegetables and fruits".


For myself at present, instant noodles of various brands together act a regular main role in my every weekday lunch. I like best the product series branded Omachi for they are made of potato, so they can partly help me avoid getting hot inside. This choice is quite sensible when I stay home alone. Cooking rice with some dishes for only myself is so time-wasting and heavy for me.

For preparing instant noodles, the quickest way is the same as the instructions shown on the packs. However, to make my lunch more delicious and have changing flavors day by day, I can cook the noodle in a small pan, and add different things.


Usually, I add tomatoes or vegetables for more cooling and freshness. For more flavors, I can add an egg, some pieces of soya curd. To make the noodle sweeter, I can put in some pork pieces, or chops, or beef, depending on my likes each day. So from one same block of uncooked dry noodle, I can make into many dishes of different delicacies. Finally, I never forget to add on top some herbs (preferably coriander) and green onions before getting the noodle completed. So I always have a good appetite with these do-it-myself meals.




It’s nearly 2 pm already. Now I must take a short break for having my yaourt the second time today. For nearly one year now, it has become my habit to have yaourt twice a day. Now I love yaourt very much. This passion of mine has surely come from the truth that this special milk product has helped me much in improving my skin,keeping me fit regularly,and also supporting my digestion better than before.




Furthermore, looking at such nice images as above, I cannot but remember back the days of my childhood when my Mother was still alive and always made everything by herself at home for me being her little daughter then. Among many many things she made, I still remember enjoying very much her so cool and fine white yaourt everyday.

I feel that time is flying so fast as it’s nearly 3pm already. I can imagine now Tuan must have completed all his exam. I can also imagine how he will look when coming home from school later this afternoon. No matter how well he has done with his exam, he will be surely tired and hungry when back home, and will certainly ask for something to eat then. So I must prepare something for his pre-dinner around 5pm or 5.30pm: maybe a small loaf of bread with cheese or butter will be a nice treat, followed by a drink of orange juice or apple juice. That’s fine.




And also now, what is for myself when nearly finishing this draft ? Maybe I'd better take a walk around my front yard as some exercise before re-checking my draft again and proceeding to post it on my blog. I’m whispering that I can be less strict to myself by allowing me to have a light instant coffee. Anyway, I am feeling very well and happy now, so enjoying coffee is quite reasonable and acceptable.



Good Appetite to All of You !

No comments:

Post a Comment