Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Women's Day Spirit !

I have been very busy for nearly a week now for helping my son Tuan revise his Vietnamese exercises in preparation for the upcoming examinations next week. However, today, quite pleasant in the spirit of Women’s Day of 8th March, I can’t but write a new post, though short, to share with you my happy feelings yesterday evening when having a small party with my father, my darling and my little son.


Yesterday on Sunday 7th March, we held the Women’s Day in advance to take full use of this off-day. As my family is quite small, and usually none of us likes to be finical in cooking, my Dad decided to buy a special dish from a restaurant nearby for our dinner. That was Fried Soft Shell Crabs, a seafood speciality of our common favorite.



Having got the main course so special, my chief cook Thang could not forget to prepare some special soya sauce with chilly and lemon to accompany suitably the dish. He also had mayonaise sauce for our choice. Besides,he also prepared a salad from fresh cucumber, baby tomatos, herbs and onions. We all understood that vegetables are always good for balancing and cooling while eating fried food. And as an assistant, little Tuan cooked some rice as usual.


Though at such a simple party, we were all very cheerful. In an usual good appetite, Soft Shell Crabs should have been taken together with beer. But the cold weather yesterday only allowed us to have this with some whisky and red wine.. Anyway, we still raised our glasses happily to cheer up for Women’s Day spirit. My father, Thang and then little Tuan successively wished me, the only woman in the family, their best wishes for my improved health and all joys everyday. Hearing them, I felt so happy that I seemingly saw the fresh roses they had presented smiling at me at that moment. Suddenly, I recalled earlier in the afternoon, I had been very touched by Tuan’s action of drawing some flowers on computer as a special gift for his Mother. Then he smiled telling me that next time he would try to draw more beautifully. I smiled at him too and nodded quite contently and of course passionately.

Yesterday evening, I thanked sincerely all the three men (the eldest of age 80 and the youngest of only 10 years old) in my family for their warm emotions for me. And now, in the middle of the special day for our whole world of women, once again, I would like to express our best thanks to all those men who have special attention and true emotions toward us. Their wishes and presents, though small, are all precious as good encouragement and inspiration for us in life.

A photo of myself taken by my 10-year son this afternoon - Women's Day of 8th March 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment